Monday, September 9, 2013

Call for Writers!

I'm posting a call for writers interested in contributing to a short story compilation in honor of the Doll RPG. The Doll Kickstarter has funded more than double its initial goal in less than 24 hours, and while I have some additional stretch goals in mind, I would really like to add work from some other creative people.
I am looking for people interested in writing 500- to 2,500-word short stories featuring a sentient doll, puppet, marionette or other toy. This toy does not have to be evil, but as per the RPG, it must have some reason to at least occasionally lie to kids. I'm accepting stories for whichever age you'd like to target, child through adult, (though I admit I have a distaste for cliched profanity.) I will pay $.04 per word upon the completion of the story or the Kickstarter, whichever comes second. Because the Kickstarter only runs until September 29th, the deadline for interest letters is September 21st. The final draft of the story, assuming we hire you, is not due until December 6th.

What should you do if you are interested? Email me at gingergoatpress@gmail.com. Mention your name, your writing experience, and whether I might already know you from somewhere. (You may include a link to one of your short stories or novellas, but there's no guarantee I will have time to read it.) If I think you are a good fit for this project, I will email you back within 48 hours.

Thanks,
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment